Intellectual Outcast

In this evening an idea, rather a doubt strikes me suddenly. Are the intellectuals meant to be treated as outcasts? 


What should be the answer I don't care. But more I care about is the treatment with the personalities called intellectuals. We who love literature and have a huge academic years of enrollment know how hard we strive for being an intellectual on this field. Yet at the end what we get? The negligence or ignorance from people. I'm not talking about entire social reactions. I'm simply taking an instance from a family get together where everyone is very happy in chit-chat but you can not interpret or involve as closely as the other participants can. Do you ever feel this? I felt it very often. I mean whenever a family wedding or any thing is going on I become all of a sudden an outcast. A person who has nothing to do with the gossips or the snobbish aristocracy really feels disconnected or dislocated or isolated in such situations. They neither be accommodated nor can perform masquerade. They simply fall on the ground of no man's land. And people do not like such intellectuals who knows many things but speak less: do not boast about their academics or any achievements or shows disinterestedness upon the participation to those conversations. And again our parents do not agree with that personality of us. They force us to talk, otherwise according to them it seems bad manner or being just like a well read puppet. I do not read much yet I find it is absolutely useless to talk about one's capability of showcasing intelligence or money. I mean being proud is good but not making it a topic of an evening gossip. Comparison is also well but only when it comes between your old version and the new self. So I do avoid parties like these. And try to keep quiet as long as I can. Because if I comment upon their snobbery, they will surely consider me one of the netherworld enemies. 

Comments